Legacy GM Render sizes

J

justin

So quick question can you set renders, infinite world size? Because I've ran into the issue lately. So a tank is 10-20ft long but there's also aircraft carriers 400ft long how do you size this? Size carriers down I guess? Then how would you do render size?

J

justin

Clarify, I'm sure what you are asking. You want to scale objects to view?
Well no. A tank is 14ft long and a aircraft carrier is 400ft so I'm doing a infinite world that would involve renders so if one thing is 14ft long and other is 400ft how do you even scale that to a render?

Roa

You mean scale the images to their proper proportions when the images themselves may not be in ratio with each other?

J

justin

You mean scale the images to their proper proportions when the images themselves may not be in ratio with each other?
Ehh sorta I'm sure I can figure out. But a tank has a turret ring which allows the turret to do spin 360. So would you make the turret and body of the tank two different objects then set the turret to follow the body of the tank then give the turret if enemy is in range fire, but the body of the tank the movement codes?

Roa

Ehh sorta I'm sure I can figure out. But a tank has a turret ring which allows the turret to do spin 360. So would you make the turret and body of the tank two different objects then set the turret to follow the body of the tank then give the turret if enemy is in range fire, but the body of the tank the movement codes?
you can use the draw event to draw as much as you want in an individual object. You could draw the tank base sprite with collisions and movement rules plus its facing direction, but also draw on top of that, another sprite for the turret with its facing direction.

J

justin

you can use the draw event to draw as much as you want in an individual object. You could draw the tank base sprite with collisions and movement rules plus its facing direction, but also draw on top of that, another sprite for the turret with its facing direction.
But the tank can by faced any direction while the turret can be faced also in any direction

Roa

a variable is just a place holder for information.

If you're that new, maybe you should start with the tutorials in the launcher. They will help you in understanding the basics.

J

justin

If you're that new, maybe you should start with the tutorials in the launcher. They will help you in understanding the basics.
I

If you're that new, maybe you should start with the tutorials in the launcher. They will help you in understanding the ba

so when I'm designing the tanks delete the turret save it then undo then delete the body and save that?

M

Misty

If it's 3d, you might want to PM me about the infinite terrain I made.