• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Rename built in constants / macros

This is a bit of a long shot. Is there a text file somewhere that stores the built-in constants without re-assigning them manually to constants with different names? Actually rename them. You can add code snippets by editing a text file. Hopefully, this can be done.

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
Code snippets are of a slightly different nature than built-in constants... one is things that are inserted into a code editor, the other is an integral part of the runner. I'm not aware of any way to rename them and don't think it would be a very safe thing to do anyway, as they may be used internally as well.

drandula

I don't know, maybe you could have own language packet or something?
Edit. TsukaYuriko has better answer, my reply was just some thought without a base.

I thought that might be the case. Thanks. I'll just re-assign them manually. Thanks again.

What do you mean packet? Do you mean an API or DLL I don't understand sorry? What do you mean own?

Edit: That's cool man It happens to me all the time. Probably a portion of the forum that don't like me too much at times. My brain rarely leaves me be.

Last edited: