• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Remove some UI elements from the new update

So I like the new run time improvments however I find the new update makes UI kinda ugly and I would like to just remove some elements. Such as removing the ability to change the tint of folders, removing the bar in the room editor showing distance etc.. If anyone could tell how to remove those elements it would be a great help. Thanks.

poliver

This possibly could be done by .xml files in your theme folder. I've fiddles with some of this and had removed/moved some stuff but sadly I don't think it's documented.

gnysek

First, it's not runtime but IDE, second, they aren't new - stable version was released year ago, and beta half year earlier... those changes are with us for 25% of GMS2 lifetime :D

First, it's not runtime but IDE, second, they aren't new - stable version was released year ago, and beta half year earlier... those changes are with us for 25% of GMS2 lifetime :D
I specifically didn't update because of the UI but yea I am asking now, I just want the better run times in the IDE.

gnysek

@DullShrimp129 you can disable rulers in room editor by going to Preferences > Room Edutor > Rulers. You can disable "Quick Access" by going to Preferences > Asset Browser > Show Quick Access. As for tinting folders, it's only visible in dropdown menu, shouldn't disturb that much.

It's first time I see someone want to remove newly added features, which aren't breaking compability, or are forcing user to do something. It's normal process, that IDE gets updates. There will be more at end of this year, as YYG wants to introduce alternative way of managing workspaces (without chains, but current way will remain too).