• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Android Remove Google Play services

mmuziek

Hello there.

I was exporting my android app to the play store when i found a weird permission it asks for.
Coarse location.
Basically asking for a location of the user.

I never use something like that and did not toggle anything on like that.
so i searched and found out that its the addon googleplayservices which i though was required but that is not required to install.
now i wanted to remove it but i simply cant.
once i try to remove it it does not compile anymore because its missing those googleplay libs.
how can i remove it again?

the errors are same / almost same as this:
GooglePlayServicesExtension.java:66: error: package com.google.android.gms.tasks does not exist
import com.google.android.gms.tasks.Task;

thanks in advance

Mool

What extension are u using?

I use UnityAds, Billing, Firebase and dont require that permission

chirpy

If you have GooglePlayServicesExtension.java in your project, chances are the extension wasn't removed properly.
Have you tried "clear cache" (the broomstick button)? If that somehow did not work (shows failure in IDE console output), you may want delete your GMS cache folder manually
(somewhere in C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\GameMakerStudio2\Cache\GMS2CACHE\PROJECTNAME_ID).

Also the GooglePlayServicesExtension add-on now comes in as five different extensions; you'd need to remove them all.

By the way, coarse location is not a required permission even though it is included in the GooglePlayAdsExtension.
You can remove it in the permission section by double clicking on the extension, click "Extra platforms - android" (be careful not to uncheck the box), and remove it under the "Android Permissions" section.