• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE Remote Worker Cannot Connect

G

I cannot connect to the remote worker; I get the error message "Could not connect to the Remote Worker. Please check your setup and try again."

I installed the remote worker on my desktop according to the instructions in the manual. I attempted to add it in GMS2 on my laptop using the hostname/port provided, 192.168.1.109:7653. I have tried the following fixes:
  • Verified that my desktop has a firewall exception (both private and public) for all entries for GMS2 and also for the remote worker.
  • Verified that my laptop has a firewall exception (both private and public) for all entries for GMS2.
  • Rebooted my desktop.
  • Uninstalled and reinstalled the remote worker.
  • Tried with the remote worker webpage running, and verified that the remote worker software was running.
  • Verified that the IP address provided is, in fact, my desktop's IP address.
  • Verified that I can ping my desktop at that IP address.
On one attempt, attempting to add the worker hung then crashed GMS2, which was promising, but every other time it has just given me an instant "could not connect" error.

I'm out of ideas. Help?

Last edited by a moderator:
Y

Yazuka

Hi there,

If you go into %appdata%\GameMakerStudioRemoteWorker you should see a logfile.txt, do you see any exceptions within this log?

F

FranFox

Hi there,

If you go into %appdata%\GameMakerStudioRemoteWorker you should see a logfile.txt, do you see any exceptions within this log?
Hi guys. Same error here. I've tried the list of things the original user posted but I'm getting an "connecting to remote worker" error :(

I'm trying to use remote worker on a PC system to build from a Mac. The fact is I can connect from the Mac and see the configuration from the targets settings and also putting the IP address on the browser.

Yakuza, I don't have a GameMakerStudioRemoteWorker folder on my appdata directory :p

Any suggestions?

Mottafier

Hi guys. Same error here. I've tried the list of things the original user posted but I'm getting an "connecting to remote worker" error :(

I'm trying to use remote worker on a PC system to build from a Mac. The fact is I can connect from the Mac and see the configuration from the targets settings and also putting the IP address on the browser.

Yakuza, I don't have a GameMakerStudioRemoteWorker folder on my appdata directory :p

Any suggestions?
I'm in the exact same boat as you! Have you figured anything out since then?

mroche

I have same problem. Can ping the PC from MAC, can connect to it using the gamemaker generated URL but when I try to build the Mac fails to find it - "Unable to connect to {IP address}"