• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows Remote server returned an error: (503)

W

WokAdmin

Hi all,
New here, apologies if this has been posted but I need to resolve this as of today. None of our PCs will run GameMaker 2.0, this message is displayed

String not found: System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (503) Server Unavailable.

Details:

IDE version: 2.2.0.343
Affects all PCs on site

Have tried:

- Fresh installs
- Running as Administrator
- Amending NTFS permissions for all GM-related folders for a test user

Here's a screenshot of my ui.log from said test user:

Please keep in mind that I'm not a GameMaker user, I'm a systems administrator for my site.

Thank you,

W

WokAdmin

Hi Nocturne, thanks for your fast response. I have submitted a ticket but it's been a week since I last had a reply, I'm desperate to get this resolved.

DukeSoft

Are you installing this in a school or something by any chance? The 503 is an HTTP server error, which could mean that traffic to the GM website is being blocked. Maybe there are firewall or proxy issues on your location?

K

Kevin Gillespie

Just in case someone sees this same issue, I just wanted to confirm that DukeSoft's response is on point. I ran into the same issue when trying to install lastest runtime across a corporate network. Upon connecting to a vistor's network, the issue was immediately resolved.