• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

SOLVED Remapping Mouse Inputs in GMS2

Rusty

I'm having to use Space Bar+Left Click to move the Workspace window around and keep trying to zoom in the room editor with the mouse wheel instead of Cntrl+Mouse Wheel. Is there any way for me to remap these controls?

I'd prefer the Mouse Wheel to zoom and Right click and drag to move as these are the controls for almost every other program I use or game I play on the computer.

Rusty

Update:
I have found the 'Mouse Wheel requires cntrl to zoom' box in the preferences tab. This resolves 50% of my mouse related issues, thank you.

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
I'd prefer the Mouse Wheel to zoom and Right click and drag to move as these are the controls for almost every other program I use or game I play on the computer.
Me too.. Sadly there is no way to remap controls, but ti was always something YYG talked about adding so it may be a future feature... for now you'll just have to make do I'm afraid. :(

Rusty

Me too.. Sadly there is no way to remap controls, but ti was always something YYG talked about adding so it may be a future feature... for now you'll just have to make do I'm afraid. :(
I've managed to fix the mouse wheel problem with an option I found in the Preferences tab. With this fixed I should be able to just deal with the Space Bar thing so long as I'm not having to constantly switch between Cntrl and Space Bar for zoom and movement.

It's not perfect but it's far from disastrous. Thanks for taking the the time to answer.