Question - IDE Relative Function for Audio Groups

Discussion in 'GameMaker Studio 2 Community Tech Support' started by sludgecoyote, May 22, 2019.

1. sludgecoyote

sludgecoyote Member

I'm wondering if the functionality outlined in this thread has been considered yet?
    https://forum.yoyogames.com/index.p...volume-should-have-a-relative-function.16435/

Essentially as it stands now, when setting the volume for an audio group, all sounds within that group snap to the group's volume. It would be nice if you could set sounds relatively, so volumes I set in the mixer would stay in tact as the max volume for each sound.

In the referenced thread, @Mike mentioned that it could possibly be implemented in the future, so I'm wondering if that is still on the horizon, or if I'll have to ditch the audio groups default functionality and program my own system for this?

2. salyossy

salyossy Member

Same question. I need to make only relative changes, without "snapping" to the group's volume.