• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Mac OSX rejected from Mac App store - closing window with red button crashes game

Status
Not open for further replies.

bsabiston

I just tried to submit an update for my game, and it was rejected because when they try to close the game window (using the little red button at the upper left), the game crashes.
Anyone familiar with this? I am using a YYC build and opening the XCode project to submit (because Gamemaker doesn't package the launch screen correctly, for one thing).

I don't even think the operation of that button is controlled by my game - it should be built into GMS I think?
Anyone know how to fix it?

FredFredrickson

Artist, designer, & developer
GMC Elder
Are you doing anything on the game end event that might be breaking on that platform, or when a specific object is loaded?

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
Can you replicate this yourself on Mac? Would be good to see the actual crash message if that's available... Also, what version of GM are you on? The current stable release?

bsabiston

I was able to replicate on Mac, yes. But then I noticed that my GMS version on my laptop (which is what I have to use to submit updates because it's newer than my desktop) had a slightly outdated version of GMS. Updating to the newest version seems to have fixed the crash, and it was approved.

What a pain the butt it is to submit for Mac, though. GMS -> XCode does not preserve splash screen settings -it always uses the GMS default splash screen. Also, one of my sound .ogg files was always missing in the Xcode project I opened myself for some reason, even though it was there in the version generated by GMS behind the scenes. Also it does not correctly fill in bundleID information. Just a lot of stuff I had to fix by hand in XCode...

Status
Not open for further replies.