• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows regions

YellowAfterlife

ᴏɴʟɪɴᴇ ᴍᴜʟᴛɪᴘʟᴀʏᴇʀ
Forum Staff
If you want something "right now", GMEdit has bracket folding, including switch-block case folding (see beta builds).

kburkhart84

Firehammer Games
Simple question, simple answer... No. :)

The 2.3.0 update (coming soon) has "proper" code folding on every paired {} which means that regions are not required, and those are simply (+) (-) icons in the gutter.
OOOOHHHHH, that will be a nice welcome feature. @Nocturne are you allowed to tell me...does it also have a way to automatically retract/expand those sections?

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
OOOOHHHHH, that will be a nice welcome feature. @Nocturne are you allowed to tell me...does it also have a way to automatically retract/expand those sections?
I'm agfraid I don't quite understand what you mean... :(

I can't imagine them getting rid of that feature by changing how the regions work.
Correct. regions will still be available and have their uses and work just as before.

xDGameStudios

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
I'm agfraid I don't quite understand what you mean...
I think he meant: a shortcut to "Retract All" or "Expand All"

Nice to hear some more news, specially now we don't have the GML 2.3 discussion thread!
Is there some more information you can leak? :p