• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE #region how will work?

xDGameStudios

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
Hi everyone I know this is not a request forum nor am I trying to request anything, just regarding the code editor and the regions How will they work?

I discovered yesterday how code blocks appear on a DnD project ;) in my opinion it's amazingly organized.... they appear in the code window with labels on the left side... it's super easy to navigate.

I was kinda wandering if it will be like this with regions! Right now probably everything is already in place and the suggestion is a little too late... but if it will be like that is very good news :) also if we could change the order of the code by dragging the labels ;)

rwkay

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
Err... OK as explained many times before

GMS1 did not have a GML only project type.... it was always DnD

GMS2 has both... so if you wanted to organise your Code blocks like GMS1 then use a DnD project with code blocks....
Code Folding will work in both GML and DnD projects, but the folding will only happen around a #region... #endregion pair (and they have to be on separate lines)

Russell