1. Hey! Guest! The 33rd GMC Jam will take place between May 23rd, 12:00 UTC (Friday noon) and May 27th, 12:00 UTC (Monday noon). Why not join in! Click here to find out more!
    Dismiss Notice

Windows Reference Path functions

Discussion in 'GameMaker Studio 2 Community Tech Support' started by YupYup, Feb 9, 2019.

1. YupYup

YupYup Member

Does GM2 have alphabetic reference ?
    The manual does not have path_start documentation.

I need path ping pong loop animation, is there some documentation how to do it ?

2. rIKmAN

rIKmAN Member

Not sure where or how you looked for it, but the manual does include path_start.
    https://docs2.yoyogames.com/source/_build/3_scripting/4_gml_reference/paths/path_start.html

3 ways to use / search the manual:
    1. Press F1 or click the middle mouse button when on a keyword / function and it will open the manual on that exact page without you needing to do any further work.

2. In the IDE go to Help > Open Manual and type "path_start" into the search box.

3. Open a browser and go to https://docs2.yoyogames.com/ and again use the search box to find it.
    If you want to have a path "ping_pong" then you can set the endaction type to path_action_reverse.
    All the information on the endaction constants can be found on the path_start page I linked above or on the manual page for path_endaction.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2019
  3. YupYup

YupYup Member

4. rIKmAN

rIKmAN Member

5. YupYup

YupYup Member

I found it, thx.