REDLINE CROOKS: Top-down Roguelite Combat Racing

Fluury

Hey! Since the start of the year I've been working hard on a project called Redline Crooks!

It's a fast-paced combat racing game in which tracks are randomly generated and you are chased by the law, with heavy emphasis on rewarding taking risks and generally playing fast and bold, rather than slow and safe.

It's hard to describe the game given I can't quite think of other games that tried something like this, but the best I can come up with is a mix of Nuclear Throne and Carmageddon.

As mentioned, the project is still in development, and is missing a lot of proper art and sfx/music. The sprites in the game that actually look good are by Metarupx while the music/sfx is by VasteelXolotl.

System/Programming/Design-wise however, the game is pretty far in development. The game currently has almost all systems I want it to have, has 6 characters that all do their own unique thing, unlockables, modifiers, "quests"... it's just that most of these systems currently have very little actual content to them given I prioritized making all the systems before content first. I wanted to get the foundation of the game sitting, so that I can soon enter the "just work on content" phase, which shouldn't be as stressful/difficult as having to make complex systems.

Nevertheless, there should be a lot to explore in this build!

I mostly developed this game in complete silence and I made it a goal to go transparent with development, both to see if there is interest and to get feedback on what is basically an Alpha Test build of the game.

You can download the Test Build (for Windows) from itch here -> https://fluury.itch.io/redline-crooks-alpha

If you played it, I'd immensely appreciate if you could give me feedback on what you think!

And if you wanna stay up-to-date with this project -> https://twitter.com/RedlineCrook

Here is some gameplay:

Thank you for reading - and if you have any suggestions/ideas/feedback or even want to help out with the project, please let me know, given that's what I am here for!

HyprBlu

It was pretty fun, it took a while for me to really get a handle on the controls though. The graphics are great and the music suits the game nicely. Some more sound effects would be nice though.

I really do like the whole concept and can't wait to see where this goes :D

Fluury

It was pretty fun, it took a while for me to really get a handle on the controls though. The graphics are great and the music suits the game nicely. Some more sound effects would be nice though.

I really do like the whole concept and can't wait to see where this goes :D
Thank you for the feedback!