1. Hello Guest! It's with a heavy heart that we must announce the removal of the Legacy GMC Archive. If you wish to save anything from it, now's the time! Please see this topic for more information.
    Dismiss Notice

Red Star Raider - Free demo available now

Discussion in 'Work in Progress' started by massop, Jun 12, 2019.

1. massop

massop Member

Made in GMS2,

I would like to showcase “Red Star Raider” which is currently playable and set for release November 2019.

The trailer can be viewed HERE and the free demo can be downloaded on Steam HERE or if you don’t have steam the demo can also be downloaded HERE (PC Windows)

Please see below GIF short of gameplay.

[​IMG]

IMGUR Link - https://imgur.com/LAOJpiO

Red Star Raider is a fast paced, action packed platform shooter presented in a retro style and not just in the visual sense. Players will have to master Parry, dodge, reflect, wall slide, melee and many more skills to be able to survive the onslaught forced upon them.

Inspiration for the game stems from Gunstar heroes & Guardian Heroes from Sega's Golden era with a touch of Super Metroid.

I am currently crowdfunding via Kickstarter to expand beyond the original scope.

Target platforms – PC & Switch for sure and potentially Mobile (There are 7 action buttons so we may need to make a "lite" version for mobile).

IndianaBones likes this.
  2. massop

massop Member

Hopefully the links should be working now.

Any constructive criticism would be much appreciated.

Thanks

3. jonjons

jonjons Member

Really nice game, i dont have any criticism about it... Unless maybe you could add the option of also play has a male character and make the gun detachable from the player so she can use diferent weapons. Overall the game looks very good and is above my skills.:)

massop likes this.
  4. massop

massop Member

I actually want to add multiple playible characters like in Metal Slug, so this will be a feature in the full game.

Thanks for taking the time to play, much appreciated.

5. Misty

Misty Member

High quality stuff, this.

massop likes this.