• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE Recovering Sound file

GDS

My game got too big, the sounds file after compiling is over 700mb for some reason.
So Now I'm moving all sounds to the Data folder it will save 400mb or more, but i have a small problem:
I don't have some of the original sounds. So i just went to the Game folder and found this:
1604750038170.png
GMS converted The sound files to it's own format, Is there any way i can export it back to .OGG?
1604750115192.png
As far I remembered the GMS used to keep the original .OGG somewhere but it seems not to be the case
and unlike sprites there aint an EXPORT option anymore

obscene

You can drag and drop the larger, unmarked file straight into Audacity and probably most other audio editing programs.

GDS

You can drag and drop the larger, unmarked file straight into Audacity and probably most other audio editing programs.
I Tried that already,mate. But didnt worked, My guess is that GMS sometime changed to their own format, to F**** us up, instead of only delete the extension

obscene

I Tried that already,mate. But didnt worked, My guess is that GMS sometime changed to their own format, to F**** us up, instead of only delete the extension
Interesting. It does work for me, I just tried it with Audacity. It opens them up in the default *auf format. It may depend on the settings used in GM or something, but I was able to do it with my sound effects as well as my music files.

obscene

I'm on 2.25. I also tried an old project from the 2.0 days and it opened as well. I noticed the dialogue says to try installing ffmpeg but I don't remember doing that and besides, I get that same error when I try to drag any other file like a picture into audacity so that's probably not relevant. Wish I had better advice.

1605363492349.png

1605363814063.png