• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Recovering old YoYo Acount

JMLnasty

Hello, friends! Seems I got myself in a bit of a pickle! I had an old yoyogames account with a registered copy of GameMaker Studio Pro but I cant seem to log in due to password or username error. Normally I would just do a password reset, but the email associated with the account I have also been locked out of! I know I know, its all so tiresome. I was just wondering if there is any way to recover my old account with my officially owned copy of game maker studio on it? I would really like to know and Im not even sure that version of Game Maker is available for purchase. It seems to all be subscription now. Anyway please let me know if there is some way other wise I will just have to work with what is offered. Thanks again, family!

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
Contact customer support:

(Make a new account if you have to)

Provided that you can give them sufficient proof that you own the account, you may be able to get the account's associated email updated.

drandula

Just to ask, do you mean Game Maker 8 Pro, GameMaker Studio 1 or GameMaker Studio 2?
I don't think GMS1 or GMS2 have "pro" in their name for paid versions.
The olders versions of GM didn't have "Studio" in their name.
If you are asking for account with GM8, then you are out of luck.

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
There is a GameMaker: Studio 1 Pro... albeit with an added pinch of "fessional". ;)

GM 8/8.1 licenses are still functional as far as I'm aware, but are not associated with any account (they are license keys).

If it's about GM 7, then you are out of luck as the registration provider (Softwrap) went out of business.

If it's about GM 6, reconsider your life choices.

Last edited:

Nobody

Just to ask, do you mean Game Maker 8 Pro, GameMaker Studio 1 or GameMaker Studio 2?
I don't think GMS1 or GMS2 have "pro" in their name for paid versions.
The olders versions of GM didn't have "Studio" in their name.
If you are asking for account with GM8, then you are out of luck.
They did say ‘GameMaker Studio Pro‘ in their post. There was only ever one product with that name. So yes, they are referring to GMS 1.

JMLnasty

Hey, guys! Thanks for all the replies and helpful advice! Yes just to clarify I was referring to Game Maker Studio Pro. It was the one included in the GameMaker Humble Bundle many years ago. If its not worth pursing just let me know but I would like to have access to it if offers features not found in the current, free version. Also I hate subscription services and would like to own the software if possible. Thanks again, fellas!