• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Recommended specs (screen resolution, cpu) to run GM2 IDE

N

nnynas

What would you say is the minimum/recommended usable screen resolution for GM2? If compared to GM1.4, which one requires more screen space to develop or is it about equal?

Yoyogames site recommends 4-core cpu, but have you noticed any real difference using the GM2 IDE with 2 or 4 cores? (e.g. dualcore i5 vs quad i5)

I'm looking to get some budget WIN10 laptop for development, so I'd appreciate your help.

G

Guest User

eh. GMS2's workspaces are super laggy and cluttered, but you can avoid them pretty darn well if you play around with the settings. it won't ever utilize screen space as well as GMS1.4 imo, but once you get everything down to the bare minimum there's enough space.

11" screen size - 1366x768
E: it looks fine at 1280x720, but 1024x768 is atrocious.

Last edited by a moderator:
N

nnynas

Thx for the input. So I wen't for 12.5" 1366x768, we'll see how that works :)