Recently looked at GameMaker SHOWCASE...

K12gamer

Hadn't looked at it for maybe 1 year.

Was seriously blown away from what I saw...

My 1st reaction...."WOW...that was made with GameMaker???"

I started wondering which games were made with Studio 1 vs Studio 2...
but didn't see anything listed.

Here's an example game video that impressed me...Does anyone know if it's GMS 1 or GMS 2?

Last edited:
G

Geoff Moore

Hyper Light Drifter, Spelunky, Nuclear Throne, Undertale, Hotline Miami... lotta big titles made with Game Maker!

L

Lucia

WOW...that was made with GameMaker??? XD
yes. me too. I reacted at the same way

Hyper Light Drifter, Spelunky, Nuclear Throne, Undertale, Hotline Miami... lotta big titles made with Game Maker!
Undertale and Spelunky (the first version) are like a lot of games made using GM. Classic design and mechanics. HLD is totally different. Another level. Also Hotline Miami was totally different from "the classic gm games". I didn't know Nuclear t. interesting...

K12gamer

WOW...that was made with GameMaker??? XD
yes. me too. I reacted at the same way

Undertale and Spelunky (the first version) are like a lot of games made using GM. Classic design and mechanics. HLD is totally different. Another level. Also Hotline Miami was totally different from "the classic gm games". I didn't know Nuclear t. interesting...
Another reaction I had..."No way my games will ever make the SHOWCASE now" :oops:
...Most of the Showcase Games go far beyond what used to be Featured in the Sand Box.
Note: Still miss playing a lot of those old Sandbox games though.