• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Mac OSX Recent Windows not clearing

JAG

Hi there, I really like the Recent Windows feature but as of the past build (or two?) it no longer operates as a queue like it used to. Now as I open resources it fills up, and once its full it just stays that way and no longer updates so is pretty useless after a few minutes.

Is anyone else having this issue? Can I get it to go back to its queue behaviour somehow?

THanks!

stuckie

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
You'll probably want to go into Preferences -> General Settings -> Recent Windows and ensure "Move focused window to top" is ticked - if it still doesn't work, could you file a bug?
You can also edit how big the queue is with the Maximum windows to display, as well as change it's behaviour to only show the open windows from there.
The "Open automatically on project load" option was for legacy projects as new projects have it open by default in the current layout, so isn't particularly useful these days.

Reactions: JAG

JAG

@stuckie yes that worked tyvm! Im not sure why anyone would ever want to persist their older recent windows over their newer ones? When would I ever care where I had navigated 45 minutes ago over where I had navigated 1 minute ago? In any case thank you for the help!

Mike

nobody important
GMC Elder
Just tried this as well, and yes, this looks like a bug. We'll get that filed and fixed.

There is an option to move the most recent one to the top, but even when you don't, if you open an 11th item, the "least" used one should drop off and be replaced by the new one.

Reactions: JAG