• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows Recent Changes to YYC?

samspade

I started up a project that I haven't touched in 23 days (last git commit) and ran it. Portions of it were broken. The camera was centered wrong and one of the rooms would exit out immediately. I couldn't figure out what was wrong since it wasn't doing this last time. This was using YYC. When I switched over to VM, there are no issues, everything works as intended.

I can't figure out the source of the issue. But it is easy to confirm through git that there have been no changes to the project which worked last time I ran it in YYC. Now it doesn't work in YYC but still works in VM.

Edit: since I can't use the debugger in YYC and there's no issues in VM it's a little difficult to figure out what is happening. The only thing I've been able to show is that the code which relates to both of these issues is in user event 0 and goes away if I move it out of user event 0.

For example - the camera issue - I run my camera's 'step' event in event user 0 so that I can have different cameras inherit from a parent camer - so the end step event simply calls event 0 which is that camera's specific step event. If I copy the code from the user event into the main step event, then the issue goes away.

Edit: One issue fixed and way more issues caused?

Deleting event 0 and recreating it fixed the camera issue and the exit room issue (event 0 in my app controller is the game init event there's no code that would call it outside of the create event itself - so essentially going to the main level randomly fired event user 0 from my app controller object).

However, now that I can get to the level itself, nothing works and I get errors that I shouldn't get the game is trying to call a bunch of scripts incorrectly. The best I can tell, internally when running on YYC script and user event numbers are messed up? I'm not sure but that would explain the issue.

Again, no change in code and works just fine on VM which I guess I will use for now as this seems like it is beyond me to solve.

Last edited:

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
If clearing the compiler cache doesn't solve the issue (and it might, as a stale cache can cause all sorts of strange issues, especially with the YYC), then you should file a bug report and supply a link to the project that gives the issues.