• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Android Realtime Multiplayer AI

S

SeirLord Games

Hi community,

I am planning all things to make a realtime multiplayer for android, using Python 3 for the server side. And I'm stuck for making an AI... can be a global AI, for example those triangles on diep.io that attack you, or can be a player AI, for example on antwar.io, where you are on a team colony and your colony grows on ants (AI), but who controlls de AI? A player? If the player disconnects, what happens with the AI?

Another way is to create all AI in all clients and they are procesed in all clients, but... what happens if in client1 the AI targets an enemy but un client2 doesn't?

As you see, I have no experience with this, and I dont find any useless information, any help would be great.

Thanks

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
And I'm stuck for making an AI... can be a global AI, for example those triangles on diep.io that attack you, or can be a player AI, for example on antwar.io, where you are on a team colony and your colony grows on ants (AI), but who controlls de AI? A player? If the player disconnects, what happens with the AI?
If the AI must function even while a player is gone, it must be controlled by the server. No ifs, ands or buts.
Another way is to create all AI in all clients and they are procesed in all clients, but... what happens if in client1 the AI targets an enemy but un client2 doesn't?
Conflict between clients is another reason why AI like this is typically handled on the server side, or by a single hosting player in a LAN or LAN-like setup. The only things that the clients do are issuing commands, receiving game state updates, and rendering a user interface to the user.
As you see, I have no experience with this, and I dont find any useless information, any help would be great.
You'd only get useless information if you're too picky. Picky means either looking only for GML-specific information, or being too specific with the type of game, or turning down general networking theory articles because you don't want to bother with critical thinking.

S

SeirLord Games

Hi!
Thanks for your reply, I contacted a developer who made .io games, and he explained me a lot, also said that de AI must be controlles by de server. He uses node.js and socket.io... so I think I can uso node.js and not python for the server side and made the game in node.js, and then use gamemaker for the clients and android export.

Also, he sent me a post, that I have not the time now to read it, but it seems really good. https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Source_Multiplayer_Networking