• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows Really long compile times after importing to gamemaker 2

Hey. I recently imported my kind of big game to game maker 2, and now whenever I try to compile it, it takes about a minute and 52 seconds. It seems to get stuck on "Reading config delta". I'm not really sure what that means. Compare that to game maker 1.4 which takes 6 second.. 11 seconds from a clean compile. This is way too long to get anything done. If I can't find a fix, I'll have to just keep using 1.4. I've tried reinstalling, deleting and redownloading runtimes, but nothing has worked.

Please help. I like the added features of GM 2, and I would like to use it, but it's just not practical for me right now.

I bought GM2 desktop from Steam.

G

Galladhan

I'm having the same issue: the compiler gets stuck on

Reading config delta 'C:\Users\...\options\main\inherited\options_main.inherited.yy'

And it takes a couple of minutes to compile. Any idea? Thanks!

A

Alunite

Same issue, using GS:2 for 2 hours tops and now it's broken. Is this not a common issue?