Mac OSX Real_fps 1000+, fps 4

obscene

Not a mac user, but happen to have an old macbook pro to do a build on. I don't expect my game to run on it, but I don't understand what I'm seeing here.

You'll see the real_fps in the top right is extremely high, but if you watch the screen it's running at about 4fps. Every graphics setting is on low/off including Vsync off. So what's happening?

Note: This is a VM build and not YYC.

Last edited:
D

Danei

I can offer no real insights on that, but it reminds me of my own issue: I often get momentary micro-freezes when testing my projects and the debugger doesn't record a drop in FPS, or any kind of texture or resource bottleneck during them. I have always assumed it has something to do with my graphics card, which I have underclocked significantly (the fan fell off) but I've never figured it out and my strategy is to just hope it doesn't happen when other people run my games. : <

Joe Ellis

Joe Ellis

I can offer no real insights on that, but it reminds me of my own issue: I often get momentary micro-freezes when testing my projects and the debugger doesn't record a drop in FPS, or any kind of texture or resource bottleneck during them. I have always assumed it has something to do with my graphics card, which I have underclocked significantly (the fan fell off) but I've never figured it out and my strategy is to just hope it doesn't happen when other people run my games. : <
Yeah it'll probably be fine on other people's computers, hope you get a fan replacement soon lol, or new computer