• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

SOLVED Real-Time Image Editing

Odolwa

This may be oddly specific, so I'll try explain as best I can. In one of the first videos Shaun Spalding ever put out, where he compares the features of 2 over 1.x, he lists multiple points on what has changed. With point seven, The Image Editor, around the 7:40 mark he references a video YoYo Games published showcasing some of the updates in the editor which are demonstrated in adding a flame effect to a sword which was drawn in real-time as the image animates.

I have gone looking for this video, but could not find it. Furthermore, when I create the separate layer for replicating the flame effect in my own attempt, the image will halt animating and pause on whatever frame I'm currently on, rather than carry through into each frame as seems to be happening in the video. Am I missing something, or is there a simpler explanation to what I'm seeing?

In any case, here's the link if you want to check what I'm referring to:

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
I have gone looking for this video, but could not find it. Furthermore, when I create the separate layer for replicating the flame effect in my own attempt, the image will halt animating and pause on whatever frame I'm currently on, rather than carry through into each frame as seems to be happening in the video. Am I missing something, or is there a simpler explanation to what I'm seeing?
Sounds like a bug as it 100% used to work that way (I can't test myself right now or I would to confirm it's not working). I remember when Alan (the artist at the time) made that video with the flame effect, and I remember playing with the feature. :)

So, please file a bug report if it's not working as it should be unless they've removed the feature (it should switch from frame to frame smoothly and the drawing should be continuous between frames).