• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Legacy GM Real Time Animated Spider

MIchael PS

Hello There,

I have a little problem here.
I wanna make a spider that moves using real time animation and not pre made sprites, cause it will look as if the spider is sliding instead of walking.
I want it to be something like this:

( example form LIMBO, if you wanna see how the spiders walks search "Limbo Spider" )

but for a 2.5d game that I am making ( https://raw-egg-studio.itch.io/bloddreamer-demo )
How can I achieve this effect?
If you have any ideas or you know any link for tutorials and/or videos on the subject please let me know.

Thank you sooo much,
Michael

I think this is going to be extremely difficult to pull off....there's a reason the example you picked was from like ten years ago. Good luck to you. :x

You can animate a spider with frames and still have it not slide, though. Just animate a full loop of it walking, and then move the spider over to the left or right when the loop is finished, then play the animation again. This isn't too easy either, though.

If you really need to do it, then you'll have to figure it out, I guess. I'd consider whether or not it's worth all the trouble, though. This really is going to be a lot of work, and this isn't the sort of thing you can just watch a YouTube video of and copy.... this would probably be more like a five hour long series of tutorials.