• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

REAL FPS problem

DPMlofty

Hello, im worried with performance in other computers, my game starts with a real FPS of 5000, and slowly drops until 100's. But it doesn't lags at all, im getting crazy or its normal?

This is what i mean

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
There's no lag because it's still above your room speed.

With that said, some of the objects in the profiler keep generating calls even after you're done interacting with them, such as the barrels. I suspect there's more of this because you're not showing the entire profiler and are not sorting it by percent.

DPMlofty

There's no lag because it's still above your room speed.

With that said, some of the objects in the profiler keep generating calls even after you're done interacting with them, such as the barrels. I suspect there's more of this because you're not showing the entire profiler and are not sorting it by percent.
Soo, how do i stop calling them after a instance_destroy();

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
Destroying them completely removes them and all the code they run. Chances are they or other instances they spawn are not actually being destroyed; investigate this in a test room with nothing but one instance of them and go about whatever destroys it, then follow your code to figure out what other instances it may spawn in (which may also not get destroyed).

DPMlofty

Destroying them completely removes them and all the code they run. Chances are they or other instances they spawn are not actually being destroyed; investigate this in a test room with nothing but one instance of them and go about whatever destroys it, then follow your code to figure out what other instances it may spawn in (which may also not get destroyed).
Im seeing this, and indeed, after an instance is destroyed(instance_destroy), still been in the call count and using step%

DPMlofty

Tnks for the insight, im putting everything on switchs