• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Android ready to publish: final questions..

PinkySwear

Hello everyone, i hope you're all doing good,
We have some small questions about publishing our games, we learned everything pretty quickly, but some small questions remain since we don't want to have more delais from Google when publishing.

As of now, 3 of our games are in reviews in the play console, but, some warnings push us to beleive Google won't accept our apps if warnings are still there..either way, here are the questions we would like to clear-out...

1- we have 29 warnings in the 'stability' section, and they all say '' Non-SDK API '' ..is it common? ..do i need to change something in gamemaker studio?

2- We made our privacy policy page, but how to know if its fine? At one point, we are asked the age for our players, but when choosing under 13yrs old, it seems we need to add some extra policy..right? If so, can we just apply a notice like ''suitable for kids etc'' in the current privacy policy or do we need a different one?

3- we have 2 performance warning..about ''cold start time'' one 1 device, and some of our games have '' Slow rendering '' .. What's the best way to boost start time? And for slow rendering, can it be related to the resolution? our mobile games are 720x1280.

4- since admob only shows ads when the device is connected to the internet, do devs usually 'force' a network connection as a requirement to launch games with ads? or we jsut, leave it as it is and just hope most people will be conencted to the net while playing?

Thanks!
-The GreenPink team

curato

I would make sure you sdk 100% match the recommendations if so then it is what it is on the google side. I know a lot of things come into play if you are collecting information on minors (I try to avoid anything that might be viewed that way) . If those phones are older models, I would just exclude them to avoid negative reviews. I have seen ads go either way. When I did an app, I ignored if you internet was off and let the game continue. If that is important to you then you can check and stop it from playing and say internet connection is required. That is really decision you need to make.

PinkySwear

Hey there, thanks for the reply!

About the phone model, your advice makes a lot of sense! i didnt think about it.. but its true, if its only on old models, it will be better to just exclude them from the compatibility to avoid bad reviews..at first i wanted to make sure the apps plays on every phones, but, if the price to pay is having bad performance on some old models, i will receive bad reviews..i will follow this advice for sure!
1- But, how do we exclude some devices?

For the ads, same thing, i will follow this advice and just leave it as it is, so that people can still play without a connection, i feel as if people could complain anyway if a game that doesnt have any network features, requires an internet conenction :p

2- About the SDK, i read that its better to pack with api30, but wouldnt it be better to use 31 to have more compatibility? or is it normal to not use the latest API when packing?

NEW QUESTION:

when reviewing release for production, 2 warnings:

1- There is no deobfuscation file associated with this App Bundle.
2- This App Bundle contains native code, and you've not uploaded debug symbols.

..any help will be very appreciated! we are so close to release our first apps :)

curato

You can pick eligible devices in the app store set up. You can just uncheck those models and it will show as not compatible on the store. Again on the API I would stick with the yoyo recommendations. They will update before you get cut off the app store. It may cause unforeseen issues if you do different (might be ok but you never know. I would test the crap out of it if you going that way)

As far of the new Android Bundle, you have to use that on the google play store. That is what they require. I have an app up that is the bundle on google and apk on the amazon store. They both work but the bundle is the google play's store requirement.

PinkySwear

You can pick eligible devices in the app store set up. You can just uncheck those models and it will show as not compatible on the store. Again on the API I would stick with the yoyo recommendations. They will update before you get cut off the app store. It may cause unforeseen issues if you do different (might be ok but you never know. I would test the crap out of it if you going that way)

As far of the new Android Bundle, you have to use that on the google play store. That is what they require. I have an app up that is the bundle on google and apk on the amazon store. They both work but the bundle is the google play's store requirement.
Thanks again for your detailes answer, really appreciated :)
What do you mean by ''the new Android Bundle'' ? do you mean aab? if so, i already use that.

PinkySwear

oh i see! no, those 2 sentences where not an actual question, they are 2 warnings i get when i'm about to proceed to publish the game. From what i've seen, its for tracking bugs and such, but we're wondering if it can cause issues with our games ..
The 2 warnings are:
1- There is no deobfuscation file associated with this App Bundle.
2- This App Bundle contains native code, and you've not uploaded debug symbols.