• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Ready Set Fight

R

Rizlad

Game Description:
A stylized fighting game with a new twist to the standard controls. Original artwork and characters in an entirely new world created by Landon Breeden of LQ-Games.

In development. Release TBD.

https://www.indiedb.com/games/ready-set-fight/downloads/ready-set-fight-tester-file <==TESTER/DEMO== (-=OUT OF DATE=-)

By the way, If you are serious and
have the programming experience/time.
I am considering taking a partner on for this project.
Shoot me a message if interested!

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh interesting. It's just in these screens you posted they are quite dark. Which makes the bright backgrounds even stranger ^^'
Apart from that I'm interested in seeing how you go! Always keen to see a fighter made in GM.

R

Rizlad

Oh interesting. It's just in these screens you posted they are quite dark. Which makes the bright backgrounds even stranger ^^'
Apart from that I'm interested in seeing how you go! Always keen to see a fighter made in GM.
Going to spend the day playing with lighting of characters. 3d animation is still very new to me, doesn't help for rendering sake when I only got 8 GB ram.

R

Rizlad

So after a lot of testing this is literally as bright as I can light these models without causing blacks to turn grey.
Any better?

OLD

^ Old ^

NEW

^ New ^

Last edited by a moderator:
R

Rizlad

Thanks, appreciate the heads up as I can totally see it now that it is fixed it is way more clear and all those nice little details can now be seen.
<3

I tried out your WIP. A bit rough but there is some potential here. The animations are really good, and I like the art such as the health meters etc. The particles look alright too.
First issue I noticed is the moves reset the animation if you press a button again. This really shouldn't happen, you need to let the animations finish before being able to do another attack.
There's a cool spinning kick that moves you forward a bunch, but at the end of the move it resets your position which is quite jarring. I doubt it's intended to be like that, but I'm assuming you just animated the horizontal movement manually which could be a bit problematic ^^' In my experience, it's better to animate without any vertical or horizontal movement, then code the movement based on the animation.
Another problem was you don't face the enemy when you are on the right side!

There's a lot to be done here, but I look forward to seeing your progress!

Oh one other thing, people generally aren't fans of installers, especially for demos or WIPs. Zip export is the best option in my opinion.

R

Rizlad

Been working on a lot of that as well as rendering new light settings into final sprites, a long way to go but it's looking better ever day. Started a start/select screen as well :)