Ready Set Fight

Discussion in 'Work in Progress' started by Rizlad, Jan 13, 2020.

1. Rizlad

Rizlad Member

Game Description:
    A stylized fighting game with a new twist to the standard controls. Original artwork and characters in an entirely new world created by Landon Breeden of LQ-Games.

In development. Release TBD.

https://www.indiedb.com/games/ready-set-fight/downloads/ready-set-fight-tester-file <==TESTER/DEMO==

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    By the way, If you are serious and have the programming experience/time. I am considering taking a partner on for this project. Shoot me a message if interested!

Last edited: Jan 14, 2020
    Japster likes this.
  2. Toque

Toque Member

Cool. A nice mortal combat vibe.

Japster and Rizlad like this.
  3. Rizlad

Rizlad Member

<==Video-Peek==

Last edited: Jan 14, 2020
  4. Rizlad

Rizlad Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Enjoy <3

Last edited: Jan 26, 2020 at 8:36 AM
  5. Siolfor the Jackal

Siolfor the Jackal Member

Why are the characters so dark? I can hardly see them.

6. Rizlad

Rizlad Member

Not sure they show up nicely on my devices.
    I was leaning toward a sort of noire vibe but maybe I should consider upping the scene lighting.

7. Siolfor the Jackal

Oh interesting. It's just in these screens you posted they are quite dark. Which makes the bright backgrounds even stranger ^^'
    Apart from that I'm interested in seeing how you go! Always keen to see a fighter made in GM.

Rizlad likes this.
  8. Rizlad

Rizlad Member

Going to spend the day playing with lighting of characters. 3d animation is still very new to me, doesn't help for rendering sake when I only got 8 GB ram.

Siolfor the Jackal likes this.
  9. Rizlad

Rizlad Member

So after a lot of testing this is literally as bright as I can light these models without causing blacks to turn grey.
    Any better?

OLD
    [​IMG]
    ^ Old ^

NEW
    [​IMG]

^ New ^

Last edited: Jan 18, 2020
  10. Siolfor the Jackal

That actually looks much better, dude!

Rizlad likes this.
  11. Rizlad

Rizlad Member

Thanks, appreciate the heads up as I can totally see it now that it is fixed it is way more clear and all those nice little details can now be seen.
    <3

12. Siolfor the Jackal

I tried out your WIP. A bit rough but there is some potential here. The animations are really good, and I like the art such as the health meters etc. The particles look alright too.
    First issue I noticed is the moves reset the animation if you press a button again. This really shouldn't happen, you need to let the animations finish before being able to do another attack.
    There's a cool spinning kick that moves you forward a bunch, but at the end of the move it resets your position which is quite jarring. I doubt it's intended to be like that, but I'm assuming you just animated the horizontal movement manually which could be a bit problematic ^^' In my experience, it's better to animate without any vertical or horizontal movement, then code the movement based on the animation.
    Another problem was you don't face the enemy when you are on the right side!

There's a lot to be done here, but I look forward to seeing your progress!

Oh one other thing, people generally aren't fans of installers, especially for demos or WIPs. Zip export is the best option in my opinion.

Rizlad likes this.