Read out HTML Text

G

Grammar

Hi there!

I try to read out some text from a HTML Document on a Website, which is not hosted by me. Is there anyway to do this? The Application should run in Android.

- Greetings

G

Guest User

Did you mean you want to read the HTML code?
I don't know any android app to do this, but with computer you can just right click somewhere in the website and press inspect (if I rememer right).

G

Grammar

Hi man,

Thanks for answering - but not what I meant ^^ I need to read out some Text from a Website (tagged in <span>), and safe the stuff in a variable. The Operating System where the Application should run is Android.

Anyone else maybe? I am not sure at all if there is a way to do this. Maybe I can handle this out with own extension in C++? If there is an easyer way I would prefer this.

- Cheers

rIKmAN

Hi man,

Thanks for answering - but not what I meant ^^ I need to read out some Text from a Website (tagged in <span>), and safe the stuff in a variable. The Operating System where the Application should run is Android.

Anyone else maybe? I am not sure at all if there is a way to do this. Maybe I can handle this out with own extension in C++? If there is an easyer way I would prefer this.

- Cheers
Use http_get and read the data from the async event, then parse it to get the sections you need from it.

YellowAfterlife

ᴏɴʟɪɴᴇ ᴍᴜʟᴛɪᴘʟᴀʏᴇʀ
Forum Staff
To further say, if the target element is clearly defined, you may extract the contents via string_pos (find start tag) -> string_delete(clip string to be past the start-tag) -> string_pos(find end tag) -> string_copy(clip string to be from the new start till the end-tag), without writing/looking for an actual HTML parser.