• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Raspberry Pi version and joystick support

G

gaula92

Hello there,

I have been playing with this *awesome* game on the Raspberry Pi called Maldita Castilla, and it works fine as long as one makes gpu_mem=128 in config.txt.

The game was released years ago, yet it still has one major problem: joysticks don't work.
It's supposed to support XBOX360 joysticks at least, so I built xboxdrv (which maps ANY USB joystick to a "simulated" XBOX360 gamepad) and configured it: I can see the button pushes from by USB pad being passed to the simulated XBOX360 buttons with no problems.
However, it does not work: the game ignores the buttong presses even if the XBOX360 "pad" can see them.

So, where does the GameMaker "runner" engine expect the XBOX360 pad to be? What /dev node does it expect to use?

And better yet: could you guys please fix joystick support for this? Maybe you could release the new "Cursed Castilla" on the Pi with a price, as you did on PS4, etc... with proper joystick support. After all, almost all the work on the runner engine is already done.
(I live in Castilla myself, btw, so this game is double-awesome for me!)

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator: