Random Thoughts and Ideas (PT3!)

N

NeonBits

Was it possible for GameMaker to not be bought? Was it necessary?

Forum rules obviously still apply, so no (...) critiquing Nocturne's beard. I repeat, the beard is off limits.
Why, is he the real Santa?

N

NeonBits

"Dragon's Lair: Time Warp", "Space Ace"; used to run on a 166mhz, 32m ram....
now requires 1.5ghz, 2g ram...
Yeah, great titles require more power..

N

NeonBits

Android module and Android Export... are they the same? Module, can't redeem; a message says that maybe Android Export was entered already.

N

NeonBits

Through an "Association for the Advancement of Science", NASA has come to the conclusion that for a successful one way flight mission to Mars, it needs a team with a “good sense of humor”...
Now I'm happy with my learning disabilities; I could have won a degree, had my IQ lowered, and be a member...

"They Live"
what healthy human brain would want to send on a suicide mission their own. And make a "reality show" with it.
Today's lesson: be a good "brother/mother/father/sister in law"! OBEY!

Last edited by a moderator:
M

Misty

Through an "Association for the Advancement of Science", NASA has come to the conclusion that for a successful one way flight mission to Mars, it needs a team with a “good sense of humor”...
Now I'm happy with my learning disabilities; I could have won a degree, had my IQ lowered, and be a member...

"They Live"
what healthy human brain would want to send on a suicide mission their own. And make a "reality show" with it.
Today's lesson: be a good "brother/mother/father/sister in law"! OBEY!
Planets are like an escapism so humans can continue polluting and ruining animal habitats then when it all goes south, the humans can escape like a villian and do it to other worlds. Humans shouldn't be allowed to colonize until they can prove they are mature enough not to ruin their own planet.

N

NeonBits

Doesn't seem good; if things in the background require a thread with updates to explain what GML truly does, when there's a manual supposed to explain everything.

To constently change GML and its actions makes it look like as if one should wait before jumping in. GM1 has seen multiple changes, but I feel that my project is what it is because GM stayed the same during a while. And that it is what has given success to many youtubers and teachers. So, an "open door" for the creation of GM2. I'm not saying something new: to pick the users outside of the "established comfort zone" is risky when they're challenged through "given tools". If it's to make it shorter and better, like json by FrostyCat, good.

"Professional mode" has always been GML for me. I felt that if I wanted to succeed, I had to go through and use what I can understand. I have difficulties but it works. "()" "{}" ";" is part of the challenge; it's programming; I don't think it would do good to invest in making a "beginner mode" inside GM; known as the simplest platform for 2D; which allows to go deeper through GML.

I wanted to post this somewhere else. But then it felt not compatible with the thread and not interesting...
random random random...

W

Walky

I spent the whole day looking at my code in disbelief, trying to figure out why my revamped saving system didn't work as it should, only to finally discover at 3:00 AM that, when saving to JSON, GMS converts ds_maps' integer keys (in my case, a bunch of room indexes) to strings. Instead of wasting more time looking for a solution that may or may not exist, I decided to just change the original keys to strings and use room_get_name when retrieving info.

The universe doesn't exist. Except from the perspective of something that is within it. Either that or there is an infinite chain of cause and effect, or perhapse it would be more accurate to say an infinite chains of how's and because's.

N

NeonBits

The universe doesn't exist. Except from the perspective of something that is within it. Either that or there is an infinite chain of cause and effect, or perhapse it would be more accurate to say an infinite chains of how's and because's.
Are you thirsty? Why not try our super new drink! Ubik! No artificial sugar! No artificial color! But full of vitamins for the energy you need to make it through the day! With our drink, no need for caffeine; in a sec, you'll be in shape! If used carefuly according to the instruction on the label . Go get our drink available at your corner store! Get Ubik!

Rob

Is it bad that the first game I had my 9 yr old step-daughter make was "Cookies make you fat"? Cookies fall from the sky and if you touch them... you get fatter. She thought it was funny, anyway.

N

NeonBits

You know what you worth, you know you deserve cleaner clothes! With our homemade solution, no stains will prevail! Get "Ubik"! If used according to the instruction on the label, even your neighboor will wear your underwear! With"Ubik", it's cleaner than clean and ecofriendly! Available in powder and liquid forms in a store near you!

W

Walky

Last year I got an industrial grade webcam with the intention to use it for stop motion animation (due to it having all-manual lens and settings), but since I switched focus to pixel art for my current game it seems it will be a while before I get a chance to use it. Hopefully for my next game!

I did, however, get to play around with it a bit:

pixeltroid

Last year I got an industrial grade webcam with the intention to use it for stop motion animation (due to it having all-manual lens and settings), but since I switched focus to pixel art for my current game it seems it will be a while before I get a chance to use it. Hopefully for my next game!

I did, however, get to play around with it a bit:

Nice. Stop motion was used to create the sprites for many characters in the classic mortal kombat and doom games! You can really experiment with stop motion a lot!

W

Walky

I work 7 days a week, 12+ hours a day, and I feel much happier and much less tired than when I had to regularly (monday to friday, 9 to 7) see and listen to that unethical little piece of 💩💩💩💩 I used to work with.

M

mamacato

while Do more than your cat.
Remember the musings of your cat.​

Last edited:

MissingNo.

What is with the smiley's on this forum? Remember when on the old forum we had a whole selection of them? We even had ducks and pickles.
Now they are a shell of their former selves. I blame Mercenaries, the moment his Bowser stopped dancing was when the music died.

....the hell am I talking about?

N

NeonBits

You're a three hundred pounds of muscles professional wrestler with years of experience, with signature moves and finishers, and have signed with the greatest federation... and you can't get the job done without a chair O .o*!

Bluetail7

Old me: Careless about things that might have been important or offensive. Sole purpose to be happy.
Past me: Worried about everything, insecure about environment, dealing with trust issues. Determined to keep going.
New me: Solid mind, Careful decisions and Tolerant to feelings. The most accurate version of myself.

N

NeonBits

When being a simple human, SuperGirl doesn't look so hot once you've learned what happened to each of her ex not made of steel...

N

NeonBits

In a near futur, becose we love technology, and since we ... live in a society... where we prefer to keep iq low and security mesures high, it will be against the law to make citizens rent an appartment without giving them a scanner to detect hidden devices like spycam, mic, recorder, see-through-wall-unit, dna-tracker, nightvision, motion sensor, etc. A good quality safety system for their home is also an order. But in a futur more far, it won't be allowed to control someone's else shelter; appartment buildings, as you know it, won't be allowed...

And because it is well known that a part of population has no problem with broadcasting themselves 24hrs a day, it will be now an obligation for citizens to stream themselves in their activity; to reveal their good will, honor, integrity, ethics and righteousness.

Since everyone sees no problems with the internet and recognizes that internet security systems can't be trusted, each citizen will be directly connected with everyone else and be able to interract with others as if they were in the middle of a crowd linked to each of their action.

This is following the wish of living in a clean world; it is no longer allowed to produce home computer, personal hard drive, and private storage device; data are now stored on the world's open core memory for everyone to access; your biosignature and citizenship is your password for your security so, if your data becomes modified, read, downloaded, etc. you will have the opportunity to know the reasons.

Your computers will be replaced by smart screens and if you wish to program, create, bring something good to your world, you will have the opportunity by subscribing to the multiple offices across the cities, open 24hrs a day, 7days a week, where the best tools and latest technology are offered for free.

This is the alternative taken by governments across the globe, to prove their consideration towards their citizens who request peace and security for families and friends, citizens fed up with the cynical culture develloped through generations, the distrust of the authority, and the clowns makeup industry.

John Andrews

Living Enigma
I started attending university 3 days ago, also I have nothing to do, I should be sleeping for tomorrow, but I like to wander these lands hoping for something to happen, what's HAPPENING DDD:

N

NeonBits

Sometimes I wonder if being good with numbers is not what leads us into the wall. I mean, if you're good at it, you then explore and become creative; you find new potential and new inventions; often without asking yourself if it's good, or you go on in the belief that people will know in the futur what not to do, despite it has never been truly the case. On the opposite side, if you just go with the basic, you sooner or later face a "superior" civilisation, often not so "civilised", and you wish you could have been more "intelligent". In both cases, it has always lead to frustration and phrases like "when will we be in a better world" or "wish we could return back to the basic". Well, at least, with the internet, we have seen that we're not so different in the world; we just try to fit, while others with their own potential are experimenting in their own speciality, like the economy, politic, the authority, military, etc; so I guess there's nothing to fear; we're just victims of ourselves and we follow what happens; it's always funny when I see someone trying to rule another; us humans have such a good sense of humor; and there's all those diseases, new diseases, parasites, foolishness, stuborness, manipulation; who would dare to humiliate themself at being "bigger" to an other. And there's space with its asteroids, species, tentacles, blackholes, and new generations awaiting to walk on us. And it's not by saying "women are better than men" or "men are better than women" that things gonna get better; specialy not if we neglect each stage of life; and when forgetting that we need to adapt and learn; and specialy if we consider mathematical numbers greater than human life.

Bluetail7

I feel joy that they found someone who can make them happy.
Kinda feel sad, because I couldn't do that.

I guess that's how life is.
I'm not complaining, but I'm sure one day I'll be happy too.

E

ethian

When i'm in the 22nd century, i will use those copyrighted characters in my game as they met the public domain at the time :

Pfap

Old me: Careless about things that might have been important or offensive. Sole purpose to be happy.
Past me: Worried about everything, insecure about environment, dealing with trust issues. Determined to keep going.
New me: Solid mind, Careful decisions and Tolerant to feelings. The most accurate version of myself.
What does the above even mean?
Past me? Is a whole me a full lifetime?

Pfap

When i'm in the 22nd century, i will use those copyrighted characters in my game as they met the public domain at the time :

Who is or what is the chicken from the top picture from? It looks so familiar every time I pass it, but I can't quite place it.

E

ethian

Who is or what is the chicken from the top picture from? It looks so familiar every time I pass it, but I can't quite place it.
I know that chicken quite goodly.

His name is "Charles", he speaks in french accent and he's from an animated movie called "Animals United".

And he's a rooster, not a chicken.

W

Walky

Both of my parents and 2 of my 3 cats died within the last 2 years, so I guess it could be said that death surrounds me? o_O
On the other hand, a lot of my wife's friends and family get pregnant so you could say life surrounds her, so... it kinda compensates? o_O

E

ethian

For some reason, i imagine that this website is Reddit when i post anything...

W

Walky

I've somehow amassed a collection of around 22 Vocaloid live concerts :eek:

E

ethian

Yesterday, i discovered a creepy YouTube channel called "Local 58" via a mysterious "The Film Theorists" video.
I was watching the video, and hours later, i got inspired to make my own TV channel by it.

It's ridiculous instead of creepy (The other TV channel, not Local 51) i'm gonna put it in my game.