• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Asset - Graphics Random Spaceship Generator

R

Regniwekim

Hey there fellow Game Makers!

I'm here to share my newly released Random Spaceship Generator asset. It can be used to generate spaceship assets with an 8-bit look, that actually look like spaceships, and not just blobs of pixels!

Version 1.0 is currently free. I am waiting to hear comments and feedback to make sure it's up to everyone's standards before I start charging for it. Once I feel the asset is up to snuff, it will cost only 99 cents to download.

If you have any questions, comments, or feedback, I'd love to hear them.

You can find the Random Spaceship Generator on the Marketplace.

R

Regniwekim

This is great.

Is it based on Dave Bollinger' Concept ?
It certainly is. Being that GML is the only coding language I know, it was kind of difficult translating some of the concepts, but I think it turned out well.

sylvain_l

Looked at the code. I'm not an algorithm guru, so I can't say if there are better way.
But how you coded it, it's really easy to understand and adapt. thanks.
Already on a 24x24px version;)

R

Regniwekim

Looked at the code. I'm not an algorithm guru, so I can't say if there are better way.
But how you coded it, it's really easy to understand and adapt. thanks.
Already on a 24x24px version;)
I'm glad to hear that. I've actually had this code for use in a personal project for over a year. I decided to clean up and comment all the code before posting it, so that people would be able to make the most of it in their own projects.

sylvain_l

to avoid memory leak (also seams to sovle the "R" press issue, when you clic too much on it ;) ) delete the sprite between each regen (my_sprite & spr)

B

BenRawlesMusic

So cool! One step closer to a game that looks different every time you play it :D