Random bugs you've found in your games

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by John Andrews, Apr 22, 2019.

1. John Andrews

John Andrews Living Enigma

Hey! So I recently found out that I have two clips of bugs of my current game in development and I thought about sharing them in one of the official game thread, but then I thought... What if other people also have weird bugs in their games? And so I decided to make this thread about weird bugs in your games, bugs you've found or someone found that were in your game...

So here are two very interesting ones I found, I have'nt fixed either of them, but I'll try:

[​IMG]
    This guy up there just teabags like crazy (??)

[​IMG]
    I don't even know the reason this happens! What piece of code is failing!!? :mad:

2. Misu

Misu The forum's immigrant

So this thread is to randomly share crazy/bizarre bugs for the viewers entertainment instead of seeking remedy? I guess thats acceptable. Can I include every Assassin Creed 3 glitches in this thread too?

3. John Andrews

John Andrews Living Enigma

YES! Actually any bug would do, but the main thing is to show funny(?) bugs of your own games, if you have some kind of recording of it of course :p

4. Siolfor the Jackal

Siolfor the Jackal Member

5. 11clock

11clock Member

There was a time when the YYC screwed up compiling and replaced most objects in the game with my boss spawner.

6. Cloaked Games

Cloaked Games Member

On a stream once I somehow duplicated the player object. It actually had some really interesting properties. For example, you could get them to separate through certain techniques, and then do stuff like throw the boomerang from one of them and have the other catch it.

I am planning to make a highlight video of all the crazy stuff I've found on streams. I'll post it here if I don't forget. Whenever that's done, in like a year or something.

7. Bearman_18

Bearman_18 Member

I don't have footage of it, but this one time, back when I was just starting out, I tried to make a turn-based RPG combat engine. Combat was viewed from the side and characters ran up to attack each other. I had a "Combat Controller" object in the game, and the code for determining whose turn it was was based on an array. I thought that when the array hit zero that it would be nobodies turn, but somehow the combat controller identified as zero. So, the combat controller actually got a turn, and even ran up to attack enemies. It was hilarious, but it took forever to fix.