• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Windows random background appearing before game starts

S

slvgs

When I start my project a background i had used before but decided to not use appears for roughly 5 seconds then my game starts, i have deleted the picture from my computer, the game maker project file, and all the backups i still i can't figure out whats causing it.

S

slvgs

The first room is a titlescreen with a object that starts the next room and a object keeping the anti aliasing correct, I tried using a different room when it starts but the background still appears.

And you have tried it on a different computer? Does the image still appear?

[Edit] If you don't have a different computer, send me your project (file > Export project) and I'll test it on my machine.

S

slvgs

Oh my god I'm the dumbest person on the planet it was still set as the splash screen. Thanks SnotWaffle and Pixelated Pope.