• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Rage against the humanity (scroll shooter)

S

Stormtrooper

Hello everyone,

I want to show you my first project (well, not exactly the first, but the first one which is going to be finished). The game has the same name as the title of this thread and it's a scroll shooter in which you play as a character who is so frustrated that he buys a machine gun and goes into the streets to kill as many people as he can. Defenseless civilians aren't his only target, because many security forces are thrown at him to stop him and as he progresses in his rampage the stronger units start to appear. Obviosuly there is stuff like bonuses, new weapons to collect, bosses, different enemy types etc. The game only needs to be polished and better balanced in some fragments, so I should release it in the near future, but before I let anyone play this I'd rather collect some feedback based on your first impressions after watching these screenshots, and then I might release a demo to let you test it. (I will also try to upload a video and post a link here, but I know nothing about edting so getting it done will take me some time, to say the least)

Hope you enjoy,
Stormtrooper

Attachments

S

Stormtrooper

And so after many hours of struggling I've managed to release the gameplay video.

Geoff Jones

The gameplay is pretty fun, but it desperately needs sound effects. The graphics also need a lot of work. I like the randomness of the gun spray.

S

Stormtrooper

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback. I'm glad that you like the randomness of a gun spray, but as for the sound and graphics there is a problem.

1.I don't have an idea where to find sounds and how to add it.
2.The graphics is even worse: I really can't do better I'm afraid...

Basically I skipped these two and focused on trying to implement the best gameplay I could.

Also note that there's lost of balance work for me to do, I didn't release the full version only because about 1/3 of it hasn't been balanced yet.