HTML5 Race to solve puzzles against the clock - (Feedback Needed)

T

Teletonysis

Hello everyone,

In Project:OBH (unofficial title) your goal is to solve all the puzzles before time runs out.

The levels are in random order each time you play. And it's designed in a way for you to
beat them through trial and error.

We are still half way through development and appreciate all feedback. It would really help us out.
You can write us here or reach us on twitter @MonkeyEden

Thank You

DEMO: monkeyeden.itch.io/projectobh

Maze..png

Hidden Message..png

chance

predictably random
Forum Staff
This is a fun browser game. I was able to solve most of the puzzles -- although not all on the first attempt. I still haven't figured out the space ship puzzle (which button?).

Some puzzles are easy, and others are difficult -- but I suppose that depends on the player's perspective and background. So it's a nice mix overall. And the graphical presentation is pleasant. Perhaps a few subtle sounds might be nice too. But nothing too glaring.

My only suggestion would be to supplement the timer challenge with a second option to just solve the puzzles without a time limit. Either in sequence, or in whatever order the player wants. Some players might want a more relaxed casual game, instead of feeling pressure to solve things quickly.

T

Teletonysis

This is a fun browser game. I was able to solve most of the puzzles -- although not all on the first attempt. I still haven't figured out the space ship puzzle (which button?).

Some puzzles are easy, and others are difficult -- but I suppose that depends on the player's perspective and background. So it's a nice mix overall. And the graphical presentation is pleasant. Perhaps a few subtle sounds might be nice too. But nothing too glaring.

My only suggestion would be to supplement the timer challenge with a second option to just solve the puzzles without a time limit. Either in sequence, or in whatever order the player wants. Some players might want a more relaxed casual game, instead of feeling pressure to solve things quickly.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm glad you were able to get through most of the demo. The spaceship level only has two interactive buttons. The big red and blue one in the center. So this tells me we should make it a little more obvious.

You're right that the puzzle difficulty will vary from person to person so as long as you didn't find anything that was outright unfair or impossible to solve then so far so good. We do plan on adding sound for correct and incorrect solves. along with some background music.

We did discuss having a level select system but in the end we decided on just having the time limit. A casual play through is a good idea though and maybe something we can reconsider.

Thanks again, we really appreciate the feedback and we'll be updating the demo soon.