• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Android Quiting a Android Game

V

Vinians

Hello my friend, any of you know how to quit an android game ? I am using game_end() but the game still in execution after this command!

Lite

Android used to be able to quit out but I think it's just like iOS now where the user has to manually close ALL apps. Not a huge deal though since people are used to it. If you need to do something like save when quitting just give them a save button instead of a button to exit game.

Old2DGuy

While it's true Android typically behaves similar to iOS, for games there is some recent recommendations out there to fully exit your game if the end user decides to, to save resources, etc. I'm new to GM (still in the initial consideration phase) but android does have a call you can use to exit your app. I don't know what the GM equivalent would be, but in AS3 the call is:
NativeApplication.nativeApplication.exit();

V

Vinians

The problem is that the game seems to still running in the background, if the player forget to close it will eat all batery. Old2DGuy, I think GMS2 does not have a funcion like that.

V

Vinians

This myth is eating my baterys and the baterys of my players. If you do not know the answer just dont answer. I think you are a person who dont like to change anything because you thing you know everything, then answer for yourself and let yoyo answer for themselves. And yes I do not like to talk with stuck people.

Perseus

Not Medusa
Forum Staff
For starters, this is a community-run forum - YYG developers aren't obliged to respond to any threads created here, and neither are any of the members who have taken the time to respond, for that matter, so I ask that you please treat them with respect even if you don't find them helpful. Berating them just because you're told something you didn't want to hear will not be tolerated.

If it is of any consequence, it is indeed a myth that backgrounded apps drain the battery. And that's been confirmed by people who have developed the OS; and I would assume they'd know a whole lot more than you do?

V

Vinians

Ok, I consider
That is a myth. YoYo will not and should not listen to demands based on myths.
offensive too. I never said in the original post that YoYo games should demands nothing about it, was just a question. If you look my others post you will find nothing disrespectfull with anyone. I was upset by that answer. I'm sorry.