1. Hey! Guest! The 32nd GMC Jam will take place between Feb 22nd, 12:00 UTC (Friday noon) and Feb 25th, 12:00 UTC (Monday noon). Why not join in! Click here to find out more!
    Dismiss Notice

Question - IDE Quick question: How do you set a configuration to be the default for a specific export?

Discussion in 'GameMaker Studio 2 Community Tech Support' started by matharoo, Feb 11, 2019.

1. matharoo

matharoo Udemy Instructor

Here's what the doc says about it:

So, once I select the configurations with their respective exports, it should start associating the correct configurations with their corresponding exports, right?

That doesn't work for me, every time I switch the export, it keeps the same configuration. I have to manually change it.

Maybe I'm interpreting the doc the wrong way... or maybe it's broken? Any help is appreciated.

2. curato

curato Member

There is a little target icon in the upper right of the screen with the current target displayed next to it.

3. matharoo

Yeah, how else do you think I'm changing the target and configuration? :p

4. Nocturne

Nocturne Friendly Tyrant Forum Staff Admin

The wording is wrong on that... sorry! Configs work the same as the rest of the compile options and may need changed. For example if you select iOS > YYC and then switch to Android to compile using the VM, the YYC will still need to be changed to VM along with the target platform.. Configs are the same and the currently selected config will be applied to whatever platform is chosen.

What it should say is that your configurations will be shown in the target manager and can be applied to any export target.

matharoo likes this.
  5. matharoo

I see, thanks for the quick response! Should I submit a report about it?

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
  6. Nocturne

Nocturne Friendly Tyrant Forum Staff Admin

Yes please! I'm currently updating helpdesk articles and not working on the manual, and when I get to the manual I'll have forgotten about this. :)

matharoo likes this.