• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows Quick question about view rotation [RESOLVED]

D

DariusWolfe

I'm working on having different views on the screen, and I finally figured out why it was cropping off parts of the image when the view was rotated. Once I finally had that working, I found that the rotated port showed the image with minor but noticeable distortions, despite it being 1:1 sizing, and a 90-degree rotation.

Here is the code (currently in room creation) for the views:

global.dispH = display_get_height()
global.dispW = display_get_width()

view_hport[0] = global.dispH
view_hview[0] = global.dispH

view_wport[0] = global.dispW
view_wview[0] = global.dispW
view_visible[0] = true

view_xview[1] +=28
view_yview[1] -=28
view_angle[1] = 90

view_visible[1] = true

Using GMS 1.4. Interpolate colors between pixels is turned off.

An image to illustrate the problem.

I'm sure this is something reasonably simple, but a previous Google search didn't help, so I'm hoping someone here might be able to tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Edit: It turns out that the distortion happens even without the 90-degree angle. Below are my settings for view[1]

Final Edit: Got help for the issue over on Reddit. The fix was to add:

window_set_size(global.vW,global.vH)
surface_resize(application_surface,global.vW,global.vH)

before the view settings.

Last edited by a moderator: