• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

SOLVED Quick question about license

Evanski

Raccoon Lord
Forum Staff
I already own the permanent desktop license.
I'd like to get the one that includes HTML exports but its $149 USD.

The desktop license was already $100 USD.

So my questions are as follow.

If i buy the new license, is it added on or replace my old one?
Can I get it at a discounted price seeing as I already have a pre-existing license?

I feel like the IDE was $100 basic default.
I feel like im forced to repay that so I get added HTML exports, rather then just a fee to add to my existing license.

Any thing to help me understand this better would be great thanks.

Amon

If you buy the HTML5 export module it will be added on to your account and allow you to export to that platform. The licence is the same but you will have the html5 export add-on added to it.

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
I feel like the IDE was $100 basic default.
I feel like im forced to repay that so I get added HTML exports, rather then just a fee to add to my existing license.
Think of it like this:
Any license available for purchase is an export license.
Also, any active license unlocks the base software. There is no license specifically for unlocking all features of the IDE.
Studio 1.x used to have a more clear-cut separation at the start with Professional being the base (and Windows export) and everything else being exports. Now everything is exports with the base tacked on.

What you paid for with the Desktop module is the ability to export to Windows, Mac OS and Ubuntu.

If i buy the new license, is it added on or replace my old one?
Added.

Can I get it at a discounted price seeing as I already have a pre-existing license?
Outside of special sales or upgrade path promotions, unfortunately no.