Questions about hosting HTML5 games

MoisesWS

Hello everyone. I´m thinking about buying the HTML5 export and make some HTML5 games. I´m still new to this browser games world so I don´t know which host specs I must have . My main concern is about host ram usage , if the main issue is about game size or how many players are playing the game at same time. I wish someone can help me with this. Thanks in advance.

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
The HTML5 export runs entirely client-side after the initial download from the host. It doesn't use any host-side RAM while running. The stat you should be concerned about with web hosts is the amount of download traffic they allot to your account.

MoisesWS

The HTML5 export runs entirely client-side after the initial download from the host. It doesn't use any host-side RAM while running. The stat you should be concerned about with web hosts is the amount of download traffic they allot to your account.
LOL. Good to know. Another thing is, do you know about currently limitations in HTML5 export ? I always exported to windows with no problems, so I don´t how if HTML5 can handle particle system, multiple collisions or other game maker features.

Also, it's worth investing in a Content Delivery Network (CDN) such as CloudFlare.

LOL. Good to know. Another thing is, do you know about currently limitations in HTML5 export ? I always exported to windows with no problems, so I don´t how if HTML5 can handle particle system, multiple collisions or other game maker features.
Mostly, you won't have any problems. Sounds are a bit "iffy." Also, certain features will require WebGL to be enabled (the documentation will alert you of those.)

Mert

Physics system, 3D functions, particles, tile based collisions etc. work in Html5 as well. On html5 platform, you'll have access to some more functions and constants such as browser_width, browser_height etc.

Also, WebGL is the web version of OpenGL ES (mobile platforms use this graphics library). This means that you can also use shaders on Html5 games. If you wish to not to use WebGL(maybe your game is targeted for really low-quality devices, then you can disable it as well. Disabling it just disables some of the available functions(such as shaders, blending mode etc.)