• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Questions about Android SDKs, Build Tools and APIs

Pushloop

Hi,

Trying to get the most optimal android build set-up, I have some (noob) questions that I can't find in the forums:

1: API 26 is currently installed. If I also want to support users with API 19 phones, do I need to install API 19 as well, or is it all "covered" in API 26?
2: Min SDK : 11. Same as above, do I need to install all API's from 11 to 26?
3: Support Lib : 25.3.1. How do I know which other versions are installed? How do you update? (current android support repository: 47)
I found the folder with all the libs installed : C:\Users\Boris\AppData\Local\Android\android-sdk\extras\android\m2repository\com\android\support\support-annotations

4: Does it make sense to have different versions (25, 26) for Build Tools, Target SDK and Compile SDK?
5: I want to update to 'com.google.android.gms: play-services:11.2.0' in the inject gradle, how to install this? Currently play-services:10+ only seems to work.
6: How to speed up the compiling to Android process?

Thanks, help much appreciated

Last edited:
M

mahmoud30pro

I have Exp about this i want to share :
-I have gamemaker v1.4.1760 (Had Auto Search For Required Resources Files Feature)
-I installed only three things
android sdk tools 24.3.2
android platform tools 25.0.4
All things in extras file

And every thing works well and fast ( Testing and compiling )