SOLVED Question regarding simultaneous actions

L

Lok_OS

I'm making a two-player game, and I have levels with multiple exits to choose from, taking you to branching levels.
My question is, if the two players somehow exit the room through two different exits at the exact same frame, will this cause an error? Or will one player always have priority based on their creation order or whatnot?
I suppose I would also have this question for other actions, for example what if they pick up an item at the exact same time?

chamaeleon

You might want to clarify if you mean two different players on two different devices, or playing on one device. GMS runs code sequentially, there's only one thing happening at any given point in time for all intents and purposes. If there's network communication in the mix, clearly things will happen in parallel between the involved devices.

Each step will, I am guessing, run the events in the same instance order barring creation, destruction, inactivation or activation of instances, which would modify the list of active instances in an unspecified manner.

L

Lok_OS

You might want to clarify if you mean two different players on two different devices, or playing on one device. GMS runs code sequentially, there's only one thing happening at any given point in time for all intents and purposes. If there's network communication in the mix, clearly things will happen in parallel between the involved devices.

Each step will, I am guessing, run the events in the same instance order barring creation, destruction, inactivation or activation of instances, which would modify the list of active instances in an unspecified manner.
It's on the same device, sorry for the vagueness.
And thanks for clarifying, that was what I suspected.