• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE Question: Is the tile scaling glitch fixed?

M

mazimadu

Hi, here's a quick question. GM all the way up to current versions that there is a glitch in the way tilesets scale. I recall also there was a blog post talking about the the issue and how to fix it.

http://www.yoyogames.com/blog/3

I have been using Tileset Champion to fix this issue and want to know if the new GMS2 has finally fixed this problem.

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
There is no "glitch" in the way that tiles scale using any version of GM. They scale exactly as they should based on the way that graphics cards render them to the screen, and any issues are not the fault of GM directly, but rather a combination of tiles not having proper "buffer" borders and the hardware not knowing which pixel to choose when scaled. The good news is that GMS2 now reconstructs your tiles for you to include this buffer zone when you create the tiles (you can set the texture border values in the tileset editor), so no more need to use tileset champion to do it for you.

M

mazimadu

The good news is that GMS2 now reconstructs your tiles for you to include this buffer zone when you create the tiles (you can set the texture border values in the tileset editor), so no more need to use tileset champion to do it for you.
That's good news, fixing my tiles every time was kinda tedious. It would have been good if the previous versions set buffer zones automatically when the game is compiled but it makes sense based on the explanation you gave.

Here's to 2017 and a successful GMS 2 Launch!
Cheers!