• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Mac OSX Question | "Drawing" Multiple Instances

W

Wolff

I'm using a Mac to develop with Gamer Maker Studio 2. I'm trying to "draw" multiple instances into a room by dragging the mouse while holding the Alt key, though I understand this must be exclusive to PC. I'm following Shaun's platformer tutorial where he mention's "drawing" instances by holding down Alt and dragging the cursor inside the room.

Does anyone know how to "draw" instances with Mac? I've tried holding Alt and dragging but that pans the window view instead (for me anyways).

C

Cowlord

I couldn't find it listed in the documentation but I'm pretty sure it's command key.

W

Wolff

Actually I just found out that it's still Alt + LMB, but it has to be the Right Alt key on Mac. It's a little weird that way but at least I know now.

B

BM8

Mac keyboards do not have an Alt key. Use the option key.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mack SIm

I had the same question, this thread helped - thanks! But actually this is not convenient way to "draw" on MacBook if you don't use a mouse - you have to cross you hands. GameMaker developers should care more about UX on Mac.