1. Hello Guest! It's with a heavy heart that we must announce the removal of the Legacy GMC Archive. If you wish to save anything from it, now's the time! Please see this topic for more information.
    Dismiss Notice

Mac OSX Question | "Drawing" Multiple Instances

Discussion in 'GameMaker Studio 2 Community Tech Support' started by Wolff, Dec 17, 2018.

1. Wolff

Wolff Member

I'm using a Mac to develop with Gamer Maker Studio 2. I'm trying to "draw" multiple instances into a room by dragging the mouse while holding the Alt key, though I understand this must be exclusive to PC. I'm following Shaun's platformer tutorial where he mention's "drawing" instances by holding down Alt and dragging the cursor inside the room.

Does anyone know how to "draw" instances with Mac? I've tried holding Alt and dragging but that pans the window view instead (for me anyways).

2. Cowlord

Cowlord Member

I couldn't find it listed in the documentation but I'm pretty sure it's command key.

3. Wolff

Wolff Member

Actually I just found out that it's still Alt + LMB, but it has to be the Right Alt key on Mac. It's a little weird that way but at least I know now.

Cowlord likes this.
  4. BM8

BM8 Member

Mac keyboards do not have an Alt key. Use the option key.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2019