• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question about the Discount system

YamboGames

I own the Creator edition of GMS2 and I know that I can upgrade to the developer version
and get a discount of 20% when upgrading.
Can I combine this 20% with the other 20% of the discount that is offered right now?

Thank you in advance!
Yambo

rIKmAN

I own the Creator edition of GMS2 and I know that I can upgrade to the developer version
and get a discount of 20% when upgrading.
Can I combine this 20% with the other 20% of the discount that is offered right now?

Thank you in advance!
Yambo
I’m almost certain you cannot stack discounts, however if you are upgrading from a valid Creators Licence to Desktop Licence then the discount is 30%.

Source:
https://help.yoyogames.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002637011-Which-Licence-Is-Right-For-me-

D

dupe you

rIKmAN
" I’m almost certain you cannot stack discounts, however if you are upgrading from a valid Creators Licence to Desktop Licence then the discount is 30%. "

Does this apply to all GM2 licences with the ability to upgrade them?

ie; If I buy the desktop licence & wish to upgrade it to the console licence at a future point.

Last edited by a moderator:

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
Console licenses are not upgrades of the Desktop licenses, so solely based on that, no.

The upgrade discount is valid for Creator -> Desktop. This is also the only upgrade path, as everything else is either an export add-on or a bundle of all exports.