• Hey! Guest! The 39th GMC Jam will take place between November 26th, 12:00 UTC and November 30th, 12:00 UTC. Why not join in! Click here to find out more!

Question about the Discount system

YamboGames

I own the Creator edition of GMS2 and I know that I can upgrade to the developer version
and get a discount of 20% when upgrading.
Can I combine this 20% with the other 20% of the discount that is offered right now?

Thank you in advance!
Yambo

rIKmAN

I own the Creator edition of GMS2 and I know that I can upgrade to the developer version
and get a discount of 20% when upgrading.
Can I combine this 20% with the other 20% of the discount that is offered right now?

Thank you in advance!
Yambo
I’m almost certain you cannot stack discounts, however if you are upgrading from a valid Creators Licence to Desktop Licence then the discount is 30%.

Source:
https://help.yoyogames.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002637011-Which-Licence-Is-Right-For-me-

dupe you

rIKmAN
" I’m almost certain you cannot stack discounts, however if you are upgrading from a valid Creators Licence to Desktop Licence then the discount is 30%. "

Does this apply to all GM2 licences with the ability to upgrade them?

ie; If I buy the desktop licence & wish to upgrade it to the console licence at a future point.

Last edited:

TsukaYuriko

🌠
Forum Staff
Console licenses are not upgrades of the Desktop licenses, so solely based on that, no.

The upgrade discount is valid for Creator -> Desktop. This is also the only upgrade path, as everything else is either an export add-on or a bundle of all exports.