Question about publishing and licencing

Discussion in 'Game Design, Development And Publishing' started by Nixio, Apr 19, 2019.

1. Nixio

Nixio Member

Hello everyone,

I have game maker studio 1.4 that I downloaded for free from steam. I am confused about licencing so just want to ask : am I allowed to publish free/paid games with this steam version of game maker?

Thanks in advance :D

2. RefresherTowel

RefresherTowel Member

Depends on what you mean by free? Did steam do a free sale on GMS1.4? I'm unaware of if it ever did. Or did you happen to have a GMS1.4 steam license lying around and you used that? Publishing a game with GMS1.4 is perfectly fine. I'm just unsure how you got it for free?

3. Nixio

Nixio Member

4. Taddio

Taddio Member

I would guess this? Dont they have a free version for 1 as well? (Never used it)

5. RefresherTowel

RefresherTowel Member

Ah, I thought they'd cut off all sources for getting 1.4 but obviously not.

6. Taddio

Taddio Member

Probably for archivistic (is this even a word?) values.
    It kind of would make sense if it was available for download, but can't purchase licenses for it anymore.
    If you have a license and your PC gets ****** and need redownload or you want to try it in trial for some reason, I guess you could do it with this.

RefresherTowel likes this.